The Ghost in my Hostel

Leave a Comment
Author:(Doesnt want to disclose)
Date:15-09-2015

The moment still haunts me as I pen down them.My hand shivers whenever I think of it.I want everyone to know what happened with me to avoid the things that has left me at this stage.My foolishness and myself are to be blamed.I want to go back to where it all started and correct my mistakes,but I know I cant.

THE BEGINNING

I had just taken my best effort to join this college.The infrastructure,the discipline and also,anti-ragging policies had taken their turn to impress me.The first step as I entered this college had made feel proud to be a part of this university.It was one of best moments in my life.I went to the admission block and had collected all the accessories and documents for the induction.My Dad who had also came to leave me was feeling good about his decision.I had been alloted the hostel BH-6.
The floor was though a concern for me.I had got room no.903 which meant I would facing problems of moving up and down though there were lifts which remained full everytime I went into.I had registered my name in the wardens office and was fully setup to accomdate my room.I was glad to know one of my roommates had already check-in.So I went up to the room and brought all the necessary things required.I met my first roommate,Rupraj from Assam who had came here for diploma in polytechnic.He was a shy guy who talked less but always smiled in reply.I completed all the procedures and was ready.We had our dinner after the exhausting day .Dad had booked a guest room and went over there while I left to my room.I was suprised to see one more bed occupied.As soon as I entered the room,he popped out of washroom.A tall guy with a attitude he stood in front of me with a expression as if I landed from a alien planet.I introduced myself and came to know he was from Jaipur.When I asked his name,he gave a timid expression as if he didnt want to tell but eventually disclosed as Rinku.His behaviour was a bit strange which seemed humorous.I slept over my bed thinking of my future in this university.I didnt know when I felt asleep.However I woke up in the morning when my phone started to ring.It was Dad.He told me that he would be leaving tonight.I got ready and went to meet Dad.He told me to take care of myself while we roamed freely in the campus.He packed away his luggage and was getting ready.Soon,he left for the station early to buy tickets.I went with him till the main gate of campus.It was 4pm when I returned to my room.Rupraj and Rinku both had gone out.I was feeling lonely so played games on my phone which hardly helped my feelings.Soon,Rupraj entered,I thought of roaming the campus so I went out.I walked till the main gate and was having some snacks.I returned my room after to see it lockedI had forgot to take the keys with me.So I was seated in the staircase.I saw something unusual in the staircase.The upper half was chained as if to block someone from moving beyond.It amused me a bit.I thought of moving upwards but saw Rupraj opening the lock and so skipped the thought and moved into the room.I was having chat with Rupraj for some time.I came to know he played guitar,knew defense and much more.This had put me into a disaster because I hardly knew something which was blogging,that too at a beginner level.It was the only thing I could boast of.We both had dinner together in the mess while Rinku was still missing.Time passed too fast when we would chat.The crowd of the mess was a mess.We reached our room.Rinku was seated on his bed with his laptop.I didnt know when I fell asleep.Days passed and induction started.The fourth roomate was missing.Maybe there would be no fourth.But my prediction went wrong and thus arrived the fourth roomate,Ramit ,a typical aggressive Punjabi guy who later became my best friend.We were in the same section with consecutive Roll nos.His home was just 2-3 hours drive from college.but he preffered staying in hostel to avoid travel time.The classes had began but we had much time free so we would roam the campus play air hockey,visit mall,etc.We were returning our room when we heard the gossip of boys passing across us.We could just hear the words ghost in the 10th floor while they gossiped about it.Curiousness struck both of us and Ramit went forward  and asked them to know more.They replied with a serious tone that ghost of a student still haunts the floor.They had further added that the floor was isolated so as to prevent incidents.Ramit with a loud smile told them no ghost existed and challenged that he would roam the floor and come back.The boys ignored Ramit and went away.He convinced me to move along with him.Though I rejected it at first,I couldnt resist hard and eventually agreed.
                We had totally planned that night to record evrything as we move on the floor with the camera that he had.As we advanced towards the stair case,we had heard someone stepping down.It was the watchman who had came as a obstacle.We soon shadowed ourselves near the wall to wait for the watchman to move away instead he sat near the staircase.We left for our room and soon Ramit started to grow angry.I told him that we will surely visit the next day.My words somehow cooled Ramit but his anger remained.When I was lying on my bed,I felt as if it was warning before the bad beginning.The next day Ramit figured out something that the watchman goes for having tea twice during the night.So when he moves first time for the tea,we will enter the room and the second time we will get out.We were ready to trespass again.The watchman had left for tea as planned.I moved in first but soon Ramit came to know that he had forgot his camera.So to bring this he went back to room.I heard watchman approaching so I tried to hide near the wall.There was total darkness in the floor.Nothing seemed to work except the wifi router which with its green point continously blinked.Soon,I could see someone approaching the balcony which was near the other staircase.The tint of light coming from the floor below made it visible.I assumed it to be Ramit so called him but he didnt respond instead moved towards with slow pace and ......
                

To be continued....
Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.